Cheese Dots™ Pizza Buns
Easy, delicious, amazing to entertain with, kids friendly.
How to make
Bake your Cheese Dots the way you normally would: preheat oven at 400F and when ready, bake for 20-25 min until golden brown.
Let it cool completely. It will be easier to make a clean cut. You could bake them in the morning to finish before dinner for example.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Slice them in half and place them, slice up, on to the same baking sheet you baked them on.
- Now spoon a bit of the sauce on every half and follow by the shredded mozzarella.
- Slide them back in the oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Take it out of the oven and finish with basil to garnish.
- Serve immediately. If using salami, dress the Cheese Dots with sauce, then salami, then cheese.
If using prosciutto crudo: add it after it comes out of the oven to maintain the delicate flavour and texture of the prosciutto.
*if you are making this at someone else's house, you can dress everything on a tray, cover (be careful with the top of the Dot, you might have to make sure it's flat so the sauce doesn't fall off) and simply ask to use the oven for 5 minutes at your hosts house.
Cheese Dots - we used 6 to make 12 pizza buns
*Quantities vary according to how many Cheese Dots you are using. Be mindful of the size of the buns, you should be able to eye-ball everything :)
*This is an easy vegetarian, gluten free mini pizza, but you can add salami, prosciutto, olives, sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, bell peppers and whatever you love in a regular size pizza!