Cheese Dots™ Pizza Buns
Easy, delicious, amazing to entertain with, kids friendly.
How to make
Bake your Cheese Dots the way you normally would: preheat oven at 400F and when ready, bake for 20-25 min until golden brown.
Let it cool completely. It will be easier to make a clean cut. You could bake them in the morning to finish before dinner for example.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Slice them in half and place them, slice up, on to the same baking sheet you baked them on.
- Now spoon a bit of the sauce on every half and follow by the shredded mozzarella.
- Slide them back in the oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Take it out of the oven and finish with basil to garnish.
- Serve immediately. If using salami, dress the Cheese Dots with sauce, then salami, then cheese.
If using prosciutto crudo: add it after it comes out of the oven to maintain the delicate flavour and texture of the prosciutto.
Cheese Dots - we used 6 to make 12 pizza buns
*Quantities vary according to how many Cheese Dots you are using. Be mindful of the size of the buns, you should be able to eye-ball everything :)