This easy way to bake Cheese Dots is purely aesthetic for your entertaining days and is perfect to put a dip in the middle...any dip. Here we have our Leek Crema, but you can use whatever one you like the most.
For a standard angel food cake pan, we used 20 dots (2 bags).
And that is all you will need.
Preheat oven to 400F.
Place dots in the angel food pan just like the pictures below.
Once the oven is hot, slide the pan in and set timer for 45 minutes. Because they are all together like that, it will take them a bit longer to bake to golden brown, so be patient.
Let them cool a little bit before removing them from the pan and then just slide them out. If you need, use a small spatula to encourage the dots to release from the bottom of the pan.
Spoon dollops of your favourite sauce in the middle and serve!
If you want our recipe for the leek crema, keep reading:
- 2 leeks halved and washed
- 1/2 cup of water to cook the leeks
- 1/3 cup of nuts of your choice: pine nuts and cashews are our favourite
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan or Pecorino Romano
- 1 tbsp dry chili flakes
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- water as needed to blend
- Start by cooking the leeks: set a pan on the stove top and let it get hot on high heat. In the mean time, toss leeks with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place them cut side down on the hot pan and let it char a bit.
- Turn the heat down, add the water and cover. Let it cook until leeks are soft.
In a blender or food processor:
- add leeks, nuts, cheese, chili flakes, salt and olive oil. Blend until smooth. Add water slowly if you think it isn’t smooth enough. You want a pesto consistency.
Serve with warm Cheese Dots.
If you like this recipe, make sure to like this post and share it with your friends.